Pretty warm day here in the Bay Area. I decided I would make crab cakes Crab Cakes and a tomato, corn and avocado salad. This was based on what looked fresh at the grocery store today. Just a quick salad that I threw together, no actual recipe, but I tried to capture it the best I could in the recipe below. Enjoy!
Tomato, Corn and Avocado Salad with Ricotta Salata
Healthy and quick spring/summer salad.
- 1 1/2 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced in half or quarters depending on size
- 1 avocado, diced and soaked in lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (approx)
- 2 ears of fresh corn, cooked and sliced off the cobb
- 2 tablespoons ricotta salata cheese, very small dice
- kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- Combine the tomatoes, avocado with lime juice, corn and ricotta in a medium bowl. Try to add the corn while it is still hot or warm, it warms up the rest of the salad and makes the flavor more intense. Mix well.
- Sprinkle with the salt, pepper and olive oil and mix well.
May 10, 2017