So easy and so delicious! I got the recipe from Feed Me Phoebe and I have made it several times. The first couple of times I used Great Northern beans instead of Garbanzo beans and I have also used marinated artichokes instead of water-packed artichokes, but I think it is healthier with the water-packed artichokes. I have also added a couple of handfuls of fresh spinach in the past, which I would have done today, but I am out of spinach! The hummus is great any of these ways. Below is the basic recipe, pretty much unchanged from Phoebe Lapine’s recipe.
Super quick and healthy hummus with items easily found in a pantry.
- One 15 ounce can garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- One 15-ounce can artichoke hearts in water
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (one lemon)
- kosher salt
- pinch or two of paprika
- one or two tablespoons of water
- splash of extra virgin olive oil
- Combine all ingredients except for the olive oil in a blender or food processor and puree until fairly smooth (I like it a little bumpy still). Taste for seasoning.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with a splash of olive oil and a sprinkle of paprika. Serve with crudités and lentil chips (or the more traditional pita chips). Enjoy!
May 9, 2017