This is pretty much a straight-up Food and Wine/Andrew Zimmern recipe. Really easy and really flavorful! Original recipe included 2 scallions, thinly sliced and did not include the mushrooms or tomatoes that I added. I think some chopped avocado and/or hardboiled egg would be really good in this as well. I served this with Quick Brined Roasted Salmon with Lemon Garlic Oil and some simple brown Jasmine rice. Very easy and delicious meal. My son could not get enough of the salmon and the salmon’s savory sauce.
Kale Salad with Miso and Pistachios
Quick and savory kale salad.
- 1 1/2 pounds kale – stems discarded and leaves thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, lightly crushed
- 1 tablespoon brown miso
- 1 teaspoon coconut palm sugar or brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cremini mushrooms, thinly slices
- 1 cup of baby tomatoes, sliced in thirds
- 1/4 cup unsalted pistachios, roasted and chopped
- In a large bowl, toss the kale with the lemon juice and a generous pinch of salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar with the sesame seeds, miso and sugar. Gradually whisk in the oil.
- Add the tomatoes and mushrooms to the kale and then add the dressing and toss. Add the pistachios on top and serve.
February 21, 2017